I recently celebrated my 22nd birthday and had the most wonderful birthday celebrations. Mine and one of my best friends birthdays are two days apart, so we decided to celebrate together. We went to Bournemouth with our favourite people and had an amazing night out. I wasn’t sure what I was going to do for makeup and decided to just experiment with colour. If you saw my birthday haul, you’ll know I got the Morphe 39A palette. I decided to give this a go, and “Dare To Create”.
This is a beautiful sunset-esque look with a touch of glitter. I wanted to add a bit of glam with the glitter and fluffy lashes. From the colour, to the glitter, to the lashes, it’s all such a gorgeous combo. I’m so happy with how this turned out, and I hope you love it too!
- With bright looks like this, I always start with the eyes before face. This prevents fall out from ruining any under eye makeup.
- First things first, we have to start with a clean base by using some concealer and powder to set.
- To start with the actual look, I took Canvas through the crease as my transition shade to help all other blends are seamless.
- The Morphe 39A palette doesn’t have a yellow, so I took my Bleach London eyeshadow in the shade Ph Ma.
- I took this through my crease and blended this upwards until I got the colour to the bright intensity that I wanted.
- To deepen the yellow slightly, I blended a small amount of Vivid directly through the crease and ensured the blend between the two is soft.
- The next step is to start incorporating the pinks and purples. I took some of the shade Create on the outer and inner thirds and blend it out, keeping them separated.
- Then, to intensify the purple tones, I build Forever on top of Create to add more dimension to the look.
- Once I had the intensity as I wanted it, I took any excess colour on my brush through the crease to connect the two corners and blending into Vivid.
- To create the spotlight, I put a small amount of concealer to carve out the middle part of my lid.
- To make the colour pop, I didn’t set this with powder. I took the Bleach London yellow shade and pat this on the concealer.
- I felt like this wasn’t enough for me though, I wanted something more. So, I took a small amount of the Stila Magnificent Metals in Kitten Karma over the yellow to add a touch of glam.
- On my lower lash line, I took some of the yellow shade and blew this out.
- To get the same gradient as the lid, I blend some Creative on top of this yellow – keeping it closer to the lash line.
- I wanted some colour on the waterline, so I added some of the Marc Jacobs Highliner in shade Pink Of Me.
- For my inner corner highlight, I wanted to try something different. I used some of Kitten Karma and pat this out with my finger.
- To finish off the look, I used some Tatti Lashes in the style TL3 that I was kindly sent from false eyelashes.co.uk.
I’m completely obsessed with this look, even if I do say so myself. These lashes are so beautiful and fluffy, they glam up a look instantly. This is a look that I will be showing off and feeling proud of for such a long time. I’d love to know your opinions on this look!
If you like this post, read my previous tutorial post here.