As I’ve mentioned a lot lately, 2018 is going to be the year I try new things and venture outside of my comfort zone. I realise that recently my looks are the same sort of colours; pinks, purples, oranges, and yellows. A colour that I don’t tend to use all that much is blue. So a couple of weeks ago I sat down and told myself that I had to use blue, and only blue. I created a look that was giving me some serious Elsa / Frozen vibes, so it looks like my Halloween idea is sorted for this year.
In all seriousness, I actually really like this. The blues made my eyes appear more brown and really pop. I love the icy feel to it, however I need to find a more Spring / Summer way to incorporate blues because this is more of a Winter number. If you’re feeling this look, then this is how I created it…
- Starting off with a clean base of concealer and powder, I always set this in place with some translucent powder to stop any colour interference with brights like this.
- For my transition shade, I used the sky-blue (2×3) from the NYX Cosmetics Ultimate Brights palette.
- I blend this throughout my crease, and then decided to really blow this out so took it high up to my brow and also blown out under the eye.
- To deepen the crease, I used ‘Indigo’ from the Morphe 39A palette on a fluffy brush and diffused this over the whole area.
- Not going to lie, this look is very simple. I was simply going into each shade, taking it all over the area I wanted, and blowing it out.
- To add the dimension on my lid, I took my Kat Von D Beauty Alchemist Palette and pat the blue shade ’Saphyre’ over the middle section.
- I also decided to add this to my inner corner and brow bone for my highlight.
- On my lid, I didn’t feel like ’Saphyre’ alone was giving me the result I wanted. So I decided to take some ‘Tailor’ from the 39A palette and pat this on top of ’Saphyre’.
- I kept adding this until I was happy with the lightness and level of shimmer.
- Before lashes, I wasn’t feeling this look at all. It looked a bit messy and I just wasn’t excited about it.
- Once I added some of my Marc Jacobs mascara and KoKo Lashes in Venus, it pulled everything together.
My face makeup was the same as usual once again. I need to start trying different base products so that I can start talking you through my base process again. Let me know what’s good at the moment, please. I’ve spent so long focussing on eye products, that I’m so out of the loop on face / base products.
I’d love to know your opinions on the blue on me, and this look in general. Your opinions are always so valued, and I wanna create things that I love, but you love as well. Let me know what colours you want to see, what palettes you want to see etc.
If you like this look, you’ll love my previous look post which you can find here.