I have recently decided to start Slimming World to get myself motivated and losing weight in a healthy way. This is the perfect recipe for lunch or dinner, and best of all it’s syn free! For those of you that don’t do Slimming World, it’s good for you.
This recipe serves 2 people, but I had some left over for lunch the next day because it’s super filling and I cooked too much pasta. You don’t have to use pasta, this recipe will also work with rice or quinoa just as well. It’s really easy, super quick and super good for you. I’m going to show you exactly what I did, but you can adapt this to your own tastes. The veg I used can be replaced with others that you like, or even added so it’s even more packed with vegetable goodness.
This uses half of your HEA too as you can choose whether you want to add 45g of grated mozzarella. I’d recommend doing this because it tops the whole dish off!
3 Chicken Breasts (skinless, bitesize pieces)
100ml Balsamic Vinegar
2 Garlic Cloves (minced)
1 Red Onion (diced finely)
10 Cherry Tomatoes (halved)
2 Handfuls of Spinach Leaves (chopped finely)
1 Courgette (chopped finely)
1. Preheat oven to 190C.
2. Spray a frying pan with 3-4 sprays of Frylight and add your bitesized chicken pieces and fry on medium heat. Add salt, pepper and basil seasoning to chicken until at your preference. Fry until cooked through, then transfer into bowl.
3. Using the same pan, cook the onions and garlic for 2 minutes, then add the tomatoes, courgette and spinach. Add the balsamic vinegar and heat for another 3 minutes while stirring often.
4. Add chicken to pan and stir for 1 minute to mix together, then transfer into an oven dish and place in oven for 5 minutes.
5. Take dish out the oven and add cheese while stirring. Put back in the oven for a further 5 minutes so the cheese can set.
6. Serve with pasta, quinoa or rice.
Don’t forget to cook your pasta, rice or quinoa while the dish is in the oven. I can honestly say this dish is probably my favourite recipe I’ve made in recent months, so let me know what you think too!