I feel like in the year I’ve been running this blog I haven’t let you guys know who I really am, things about me. I did do a ‘blogger behind the blog‘ post not too long ago, but I’m talking the random things. Let’s get to know each other…
1. I was born on 22nd January 1996, making me 19 years old.
2. I am 5 foot 3 inches, but I was 5 foot 4 inches in secondary school.
3. My least favourite ‘holiday’ of the year is Valentines Day.
4. I am most productive at night. I’m not just talking 9pm, I’m talking 3am.
5. I’m probably the most clumsy person in the world. I’m always dropping things, bashing things or tripping over something.
6. I have never broken a bone.
7. I once sprained my ankle trying to do a backflip in a ball pit.
8. I have been every hair colour imaginable – pink, purple, blue, black, blonde, brown, ginger. The only one I haven’t been is red because I hate the colour.
9. 99% of my wardrobe was black or band t-shirts until about two years ago when I decided I need to stop dressing so frumpy.
10. Rock / indie music is my favourite genre of music. 80s rock, yes.
11. My biggest celebrity crushes are Dave Grohl, Miles Kane and Natalie Portman.
12. I dedicated my final art piece in school on who would make up my dream band, and I still have it now.
13. I went skiing for 10 days and was really good at it so I decided to do a jump. I landed funny on my right knee and lost control and ran over someone’s face and had to sit out the final 3 days.
14. When I was about 14 I had my hair cut into a bob, then decided to pixie crop it on one side to look like Frankie from The Saturday’s.
15. I love living in Portsmouth and don’t think I’d ever like to move out of the city.
16. I love mushrooms.
17. I hate seafood, other than tuna pasta bakes and fish fingers. I can’t eat fish from the chip shop.
18. I love days where I don’t need to make any effort with myself. No make up, joggers and unbrushed hair.
19. I really like football.
20. My favourite subjects in school was art and drama. I loved being on the stage and acting, even though I couldn’t do public speaking projects in English because of my anxiety.
21. When I was a toddler I thought it would be a great idea to throw a solid brass ball in the air and try to catch it. I didn’t catch it. Instead it landed right on the top of my head and I had to go to hospital to get my head glued back together.
22. History fascinates me, but only the really morbid parts of history like World Wars, Holocaust and Jack the Ripper. I love learning about these things. All the revolutions etc bore me.
23. My favourite part of the body is the brain. It sounds mental, but I love knowing about the brain and why it reacts in certain ways. I love knowing why we think in different ways and things like that – I think it’s so interesting.
24. I always think about going vegetarian, but I can’t because I love chicken so much.
25. I say sorry and get really sad when I step on a snail and begin to think about their little snail family.
26. I worked in a pub for a while and it’s one of the best jobs I’ve had.
27. My favourite television programmes include Sherlock, Friends and I used to love a Touch of Frost when I was little.
28. My favourite films are the Star Wars films.
29. I am a huge hoarder, but when I have a huge clear out I chuck out everything I’m unsure about keeping because I clearly don’t want it that much if I have to debate with myself.
30. I volunteered at a school in Nakuru, Kenya for two weeks when I was 15 and it was the best experience of my life. See if you can spot me…
31. My nickname is Binx because I’m a Star Wars fan, but it’s spelt differently because of my mum’s choice of spelling. I now find it weird when a member of my family call me by my actual name and rarely respond to it when they do!
32. I have 7 piercings, and I still want more!
33. My favourite snack it hummus with cucumber or pitta bread.
34. I can’t stand the taste of milk. I can only have it with tea, coffee, milkshakes or smoothies.
35. I get distracted really easily.
36. I used to go to Cornwall every year with my dad and stayed in a caravan for a week. I haven’t been in years and I miss it so much.
37. My mum attempted to teach me how to reverse a car and then accelerate forward and I stalled 4 times in 20 minutes and nearly crashed into the side of our house.
38. My favourite book I’ve ever read is the John Lennon biography by Philip Norman. I have read it 3 times.
39. I can’t sneeze once. I always sneeze about 6 times in a minute.
40. I don’t know any other languages.
41. I feel the cold SO easily.
42. I have three tattoos and have 3 more planned.
43. My favourite alcoholic drink is Jack Daniels and coke.
44. I really want to donate blood because my blood type is rare and it can be given to anyone.
45. I’ve always loved the idea of working in radio.
46. I love making lists and taking notes. I have a terrible memory so this helps me to stay organised.
47. I’d love to go on a television show like Impractical Jokers or Deal With It.
48. I’m an Aquarius and my personality reflects that massively.
49. Cinema nachos are my favourite thing about going to the cinema.
50. I can’t sleep unless my door is completely shut and it’s pitch black dark.
So there you have it, some things you didn’t know about me. Comment with 3 things about you and lets get to know each other a bit more!