Hi guys, sorry it’s been about a week since my last post but it’s been a super busy week! I had my cousin’s birthday, a christening, I work full time & it’s obviously Halloween today!
Anyway, although Christmas seems a mile away, it’s a lot closer than we all think. Now, a lot of people are panicking and asking me on ways to save money this Christmas, but still being able to get something everyone will like. Don’t worry, I’ve got you covered!
Here’s how to do it:
- Stir together the citric acid, baking soda, and cornstarch in a measuring cup.
- Use a fine sieve to pass through the mixture into a mixing bowl, then stir in the sugar.
- Fill your spray bottle with water and add food colouring. Spray the mixture lightly so it becomes damp and you are able to mould it with your hands.
- Use the pipette to add the essential oil 1 drop at a time until the scent is the strength you want. Using a metal spoon, or your hands depending how messy you’d like to get, mix the ingredients until the colour is even. The mixture may start to dry out, so keep spraying it so you’re able to mould it again.
- Spoon the mixture into an ice cube tray, and press firmly. Leave the fizzes to dry at room temperature overnight. When ready, pop them out gently and they’ll be ready to put into a jar, or storage of your choice!
You can get as creative as you like with these by mixing colours, or adding little decorations to the jar to add the final touch.
Let me know if you’ve found this helpful, and if you give it a try be sure to let me know how you got on and maybe show me your end products!
Thanks for reading, share with your friends, and I’ll be back soon (you won’t be waiting so long this time too!)
I have a lot of Christmas ideas coming up too. My next Christmas-y post will definitely be something for all audiences! *suspense*