I was tagged by the wonderful Victoria over at Unveiling Victoria, so here’s my Vogue 73 Questions…
1. What’s the best thing to happen to you this month? I’d say the best thing to happen in the last month has been booking Foo Fighters tickets for next year. Woo!
2. What’s the best thing to happen to you this year? The best thing this year has been seeing my daughter taking her first steps and saying her first words.
3. What’s the best thing ever? Walking in to Lana’s bedroom in the morning and seeing her get so excited to see me.
4. What’s your favourite season? Autumn, 100%. I’m so happy as soon as the cold weather starts rolling in!
5. What’s your favourite holiday? Christmas! Baking, giving presents, candles, food…
6. Would you ever live in a big city? I’ve grown up in a city, but been lucky enough to be by the sea too. I couldn’t live anywhere that’s not by the sea. I’d love to live in Brighton one day.
7. What’s your favourite ice cream? White Magnum or a Classic Cornetto.
8. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off? I don’t remember the last time I wore shoes with laces tbh…
9. What’s your favourite desert? Chocolate Gateau or cheesecake
10. Cake or pie? Depends on the favours, but if it’s chocolate cake then always the cake.
11. What’s your least favourite food? I despise seafood.
12. What’s your favourite condiment? Mayonnaise, sometimes of the Garlic variety too.
13. It’s brunch, what do you eat? Eggs Benedict.
14. What’s your favourite colour? Black, if that counts.
15. What colour dress did you wear to prom? Black & purple.
16. Blow dry or air dry? Air dry. I try to avoid heat damage on my hair as much as possible.
17. Do you think you’re strong? In certain ways, yes. In others, not so much.
18. Who’s a person you’d love to have coffee with? Dave Grohl. Just to hear the words “fresh pots” come out of his mouth. If you know, you know.
19. When was the last time you cried? I’m not entirely sure…
20. Who’s the last person you texted? My girls in our group chat.
21. Twitter or Instagram? I’m really enjoying using both, but I’m posting more on Instagram at the moment I think.
22. Who should everyone follow right now? I couldn’t choose so all of these girls: India Moon, Georgia Winstanley, Georgia Knight, Ali Helmsley, Beckie Nye, Saff Needham, Megan Griffin, Hannah Apps, Beth Apps, Ashley Marie, Emily James.
23. Have you ever had anything stolen from you? Yes! I once had my phone stolen on a night out…
24. Favourite country you’ve visited? Probably Kenya because of the life experiences I had there. Holiday wise, I’d say Austria or Dominican Republic.
25. Last country you’ve visited? Other than England, Dominican Republic.
26. Country you wish to visit? There’s so many, but I want to visit Croatia and (not sure if it’s a country) Bali so much.
27. First pet? A dog, I believe their name was also Charlie.
28. Favourite Disney animal? Always Simba, Timone and Pumba. I can’t choose between them.
29. What are you doing tomorrow? Probably take Lana to the park, do some crafts and chill out.
30. What are you most excited about in life right now? Christmas. I’ve almost finished my present shopping & most of the presents I have are wrapped already – I’m so excited!
31. What book are you currently reading? I’ve not been reading much lately, the most I’ve read is my Twitter feed and that’s about it.
32. A book you read because everyone was reading it? Looking for Alaska, but I really enjoyed it.
33. What are you completely bored of right now? I hate clothes shopping, I can never find anything I like on me at the moment.
34. What’s your favourite beverage? 7up Free or a good ol’ cup of tea.
35. What’s your favourite cocktail? I enjoy a classic, Sex On The Beach.
36. What would you order at McDonalds drive thru? Depending what the day is, a wrap of the day. If it’s a bit of a rubbish wrap day, I’ll go for a double cheeseburger and chicken mayo.
37. What’s one thing you still have from your childhood? A clown wrist rattle that Lana now plays with.
38. What’s your current favourite TV show? Stranger Things 2 and The Vampire Diaries have got me hooked!
39. What’s a movie that made you cry? I remember the first time I watched The Notebook, I bawled so hard. I was not expecting the ending at all.
40. Who do you miss the most? My grandad.
41. What’s something you can’t do? I can play the odd thing on a few, but I can’t play an instrument properly.
42. What are your nicknames? Binx or Char are the most common.
43. What makes you laugh a lot? My girls. I never laugh more than when I’m with them.
44. Heels or flats? I love my boots in Autumn, so I’ll have to say heels.
45. What’s the most adventurous thing you’ve done? Volunteering in Kenya when I was 15 was a huge adventure for me.
46. What’s one thing you’ve wanted to do but been scared of? Every time I’ve been on holiday, I’ve always wanted to snorkel. I’ve just always hated swimming in the sea, no matter how much of a controlled environment it is.
47. What’s the thing you’re most proud of? Giving birth to Lana for sure.
48. What did you want to do with your life at age 5? I don’t remember whatsoever. Maybe be a teacher…
49. Dogs or cats? Always dogs, hands down.
50. What’s the most important thing someone can learn? Manners. It’s not hard to say please and thank you…
51. Bath or shower? It depends on my mood or how quick I need to be.
52. Mountain hideaway or beach house? A beach house in the sun. Unless I’m skiing, then I’ll take a mountain hideaway.
53. What’s your favourite scented candle? My Yankee Candle in Espresso Truffle. It’s almost running out which makes me sad.
54. If you could spend 3 months anywhere, where would it be? I’d most likely go to New Zealand / Australia. There’s no much to explore.
55. Are you messy or neat? Probably a bit of both. I have a lot of clutter around – which I hate – but it’s mostly organised clutter.
56. What’s the first thing you do each morning? Go into Lana’s room and bring her in to bed with me so that she can eat a rich tea biscuit before breakfast.
57. What do you eat for breakfast? Two slices of wholemeal toast with either Marmite or butter on.
58. What’s the last thing you do before you go to bed? Probably put my phone on charge and quickly check my notifications and the time.
59. What’s your favourite pizza? I enjoy a Chicken Feast from Dominos, but I also loved the Number 4 pizza from Franco Manca.
60. What’s one skill you wish you had? Being fluent in a second language. I’ve tried to learn multiple languages, but I just can’t do it.
61. Describe your ideal man in three words. Good humour, enjoys music, up for a laugh. I know that’s more attributes than words, but that’s all I can think of.
62. Who was the last person you talked to on the phone? My mum. We probably talk on the phone or video calls about 3 times a day.
63. At what age were you happiest? Probably the age I am now, 21.
64. What’s the last thing you ate? As of when I wrote this, breakfast which was just toast with butter.
65. Where do you go when you need to be alone? I will either go to sleep, or I’ll sit in bed with headphones in.
66. What’s the biggest thing on your mind right now? Wanting to get the whole flat sorted to how I want it. It’s annoying when you have such vivid plans and ideas, but there’s things holding you back from getting it all done in one go.
67. What’s the best activity to do at home on a rainy day? I enjoy playing with Lana’s toys, reading her books, watching films. The usual things.
68. What are you listening to right now? Blossoms, Courteeners, Arctic Monkeys, Foo Fighters, Oasis, The Stone Roses, Peace…
69. On a scale of 1-10, how happy are you with life right now? I’d say a solid 8.5. I’m happy with most things in life, it’s just little things that’s on my mind like getting new flooring for the bathroom or worktops for the kitchen. Mundane stuff, y’know…
70. What’s the weirdest thing you’ve ever eaten? I went through a weird time with food when I was a teenager. One of the weirdest phases I went through was being obsessed with Supernoodles on toast with a fried egg on top.
71. Starter or dessert? Depends on the menu options and restaurant.
72. Is there a dessert you don’t like? I’ve never actually had it, but the thought of Creme Brûlée makes me feel sick so I wouldn’t ever get it. I’m not sure why this is the case…
73. What’s the furthest you’ve been from home? I’m sure it was when I was in Dominican Republic.